Collybia Team is happy to announce our new collaboration with Max2Play.
Mamboberry HD DAC+ is now fully compatible with Max2Play and Collybia will offer licenses for this incredible software! 🙂
Thank you Max2Play for the trust.
What is Max2Play?
Max2Play offers a browser-based administration interface for Linux-based mini-computers like the Raspberry Pi. Max2Play-applications, so called Max2Play - Plugins, can be installed and configured on your mini-computer without any Linux knowledge. The controls can be accessed via smartphone, tablet or computer. It is not necessary to connect a mouse or keyboard to the Max2Play device. There are free plugins and premium plugins available. You gain access to the premium plugins with a valid license. 40 plugins are currently available for different setups and a variety of features and applications for the Raspberry Pi.
- connect bluetooth speaker with audio application of the Raspberry Pi.
- turns your Pi into a Spotify Connect player, accessible on any Spotify app for playback
- use touch to control all multiroom playback with custom GUI, switch to Kodi with one click
Raspberry Pi Touch Display
- install various display sizes with just one click
- adds visualization to control playback, extra features,custom skins for touchscreen
- run several squeeze lite players simultaneously on one Pi
- home automation server for smart homes
Sound Card Plugins
- Mamboberry, HiFiBerry, IQaudIO, JustBoom, etc. soundcards custom one-click setup and volume control
WiFi and LAN
- intuitive interface for WiFi and LAN connection setup and configuration
- pre installed Squeeze lite and Shair port for Squeezebox and AirPlay out-of-the-box
- one-click installation of mini DLNA server for media access
- preconfigured full access point for any mobile setup
"When simple controls and an extensive selection of varied plugins come together, we call it: Max2Play."
Fields of Application
With Max2Play you can control the Raspberry via web interface, making many configurations are possible, e.g.
- Audio and video player (Airplay, Squeezebox, DLNA, Spotify, Kodi)
- Multiroom audio setup (Squeeze box server + player, many instances of Squeeze lite player on one device with Multi Squeeze)
- Home Automation (presence recognition, Call Blocker)
- Touchscreen control panel to manage the playback of all multiroom zones on one Pi
The 16GB micro SDcard (class10) contains the pre-installed Max2Play image with a 1-year license. The enclosed manual explains the easy configuration of Max2Play. After pluggin the SDcard into the RaspberryPi, the license needs to be activated. Afterwards you will have access to all of the plugins for personalisation of your device. Max2Play is easily expandable with its many plugins for individual necessities. Tutorial videos, how-tos and the Max2Play forum introduce popular use cases and support you with implementing your own projects.
Max2Play as a multiroom audio solution:
Introduction to Max2Play: